5/27/10

Wednesday, May 26, 2010 - M.E. Clean, D.E. Box Squat w/Chains, GHDs

It felt great to be back at Matanuska Barbell with Jason. I have to say though I am starting to question Jason's training methods. Back in November I started working out with Bart. We both had pretty much the same numbers across the board. All of a suddon though Bart started making massive gains and has totally passed me on a bunch of the lifts. Bart has a farm and Jason said he spends his time power cleaning his Pigs and wrestling cows and that is what makes him strong.

Bob is another member at Matanuska Barbell that is stronger then I am in a lot of the lifts. Bob let slip his secret the other day. He doesn't train, he "works out". Take a look at his board he "forgot" to erase. LOOK AT THAT ROUTINE! That has to be better then doing max effort squats.

I think I am going to dump the standard Matanuska training and combine the two things that have been working for Bob and Bart. I think tomorrow I am going to go and buy a pig and hammer curl it for hundreds and hundreds of reps. I think that should make me huge. To quote Bob, "Feel the pump Bitches!"

M.E. Power Cleans
95x5, 115x5, 135x5, 185x5, 205x1(PR), 210xF

D.E. 12" Box Squat w/205 + 40# Chains 10x2 w/60 seconds rest

GHD's x 40 10x2w/1 min. Rest
18, 12, 10





So is it better to train or workout? Hmmmmmm.....


No comments:

Post a Comment