6/11/10

Thursday, June 10, 2010 - Squats

I finally got back into the gym after a week. That was the longest time I have taken off. It felt so fantastic to just get back in and do a little bit, stretch, and lift.

I am going to start a new Smolov cycle on Monday for Squats so I just did Monday's 4x9 set to get warmed up and into the flow of the cycle. I will probably do the 4x9 set again on Saturday to get warmed up as well. I have this cycle programmed with a 400 max.

So for last night a few things. I don't usually get suckered into supplements any more. I take a multi-vitamin, vitamin D, fish oil, Protein, and dessicated liver pills. Well in the Powerlifting magazine there is a product called DARK RAGE of all damn things. It is some top secret formula loaded with NO and Creatine and is supposed to give you the greatest pump, give you energy, and fill you up with DARK RAGE.

So I went into GNC to grab some protein powder and there sitting on the sale table was some DARK RAGE. It was $20. I grabbed it thinking "what the hell". After the cashier went through his smoke and mirror routine telling me I saved $3,278,757.23 with my gold card on a $62.00 product I figured I at least got a deal.

First off the flavor was just a tad challenging. While tasting it I noticed a few hints of death, ass, dog crap, old fish tank, and of course the intended flavor of rancid "Cola" flavored vomit. I couldn't gag it down with just water so I decided since it was supposed to be cola flavored I would mix it with a little Coke. I was able to suck it down and instantly chased it with a piece of mint gum.

After about 30 minutes I can say I actually felt this stuff kick in. After about 60 minutes I felt completely jacked. Like crazy super nutso jacked. I can't say I was in a DARK RAGE but I may have been in an overcast or slightly shady rage. The stuff does actually work I guess.

Last night I also ran into my slope and 70's Big friend, Doug at the gym. He was doing his rowing routine and discussing life. After I did my squats I hung out in the sauna with Doug and talked. He kept asking me if I liked "bears". I didn't know what he meant by this. Why would I be interested in "bears"? I didn't know what he was talking about until I snapped this picture afterwards of him trying to put the moves on me. Nothing like explaining to a 280 pound guy that I just want to be friends and no I don't like "bears".

Squats (Rip Stance)
Bar x 10, 95x5, 135x5, 185x5, 225x3, 280x9, 280x9, 280x9, 280x9

70's Big Doug

No comments:

Post a Comment