6/13/10

Saturday, June 12, 2010 - Rest Day

I had a huge training session planned for tonight. I was going to do squats, deadlifts, bench presses, presses, GHD's, Romanian Deadlifts, Pullups, and I was also going to do a few Hero CrossFit WODs and then finally finish the night up with Fran.

As I was getting off of work I came closer to death then I imagined I ever would. Now working up on the North Slope there is a lot of wildlife to see. There are huge herds of caribou, small herds of muskox, red fox, arctic fox, brown bears, polar bears, and more water fowl than one could ever see. Last night though I saw something I have only heard about while around a camp fire or seen on recent beef jerky commercials.

As I was walking out to my truck my nostrils filled with the most fowl odor I have ever smelled, I didn't know where that smell was coming from. It really had me distracted. Right as I was nearing the truck I heard a low growl and the hair on the back of my neck stood up, I turned and saw what I could only describe as a Sasquatch running towards me. I quickly got into the truck and snapped a picture before I sped away to safety. I was wracked with fear as I never knew such horrible monsters actually roamed the earth. Needless to say I was a little too shaken up to actually get any training done.

Below is a picture of the monster. Hmmmm...I wonder how much National Geographic would pay me for this photo?

No comments:

Post a Comment